Some of Gov. Beverly Perdue's smaller donations are also interesting.
As previously noted, Perdue raised $17.8 million through the end of 2008 for her successful campaign for governor, including a number of political action committees and big donors.
But some of the smaller donors from her final campaign finance report are also worth noting:
* Former Supreme Court Justice Burley Mitchell gave $2,000.
* Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner and his wife Jane gave $2,000.
* Former Sen. Lauch Faircloth gave $2,000.
* Perdue's recently appointed general counsel, Eddie Speas, gave $1,750.
* Perdue's deputy campaign manager, David Kochman, and communications staffer Kennetha Smith each gave $250.
* The head of Perdue's gubernatorial endowment effort, Tom Lambeth, gave $200.
* Former U.S. Sen. Robert Morgan gave $200.
* Noted Washington, D.C., political consultant Donna Brazile gave $100.