The State Board of Elections has rejected a request by Nathan Tabor, the Forsyth County Republican Party chairman, to get on a Greensboro congressional ballot after officials determined last month he missed the candidate filing deadline, the AP reports.
The board voted 4-0 Thursday to deny the appeal of Nathan Tabor, who came to the Raleigh board room at midday Feb. 29 to file for the 6th District primary, challening incumbent U.S. Rep. Howard Coble. State elections director Gary Bartlett announced at noon that day the filing period was over. Tabor has said he was in the building at the time and was told he had made it.
Tabor wrote this on his Facebook page: "Today the BOE denied me my Constitutional right to file for Congress based on testimony given by Billy Yow (another GOP candidate). I'm deciding and praying on how to proceed. I can appeal it and fight it or just gear up for Tabor for Congress 2014 and spend the next several months and years helping the conservative cause and electing conservative candidates as I have done for years."