Natural and economic resources includes the state's agricultural and environmental agencies as well as the departments of labor and commerce.
All agencies within this category will see vacant positions eliminated.
The budget proposal would also:
* Increase the annual fee to register pesticides administered by the Department of Agriculture from $100 to $150 to raise $500,000.
* Require the Labor Department to charge enough fees for an apprenticeship program to raise $450,000. The figure would offset a 25 percent reduction in funding for the program.
* Eliminate 70 vacant positions in the Department of Environment and Natural Resources to save $3.4 million.
* Reduce by $50 million each year for two years the appropriation to the Clean Water Management Trust Fund.
* Require the Department of Commerce to sell the state's King Air plane and reduce all costs associated with operating it, including a pilot position, to save $148,000 this year and $296,000 next year.