Gov. Beverly Perdue has issued 11 executive orders so far:
1. Campaign endowment. Creates a task force to develop a public endowment for gubernatorial campaigns. Jan. 12.
2. Transportation board. Reforms the board of transportation by improving its ethics policy and requiring more professional approval. Jan. 12.
3. Accountability. Orders review of state government programs. Jan. 12.
4. N.C. OpenBook. Creates online database of state contracts and grants. Jan. 12.
5. Budget commission. Creates a panel to recommend ways to cut the state budget. Jan. 12.
6. Cut spending. Orders state to reduce spending and cut off capital projects in order to keep budget in the black. Jan. 13.
7. State of emergency. Declares state of emergency over winter storm. Jan. 20.
8. End emergency. Ends state of emergency. Jan. 21.
9. EMS Rules. Makes permanent rules about emergency medical and trauma services. March 3.
10. State health council. Requires members to disclose conflicts of interest. March 3.
11. Furloughs. Cuts teacher pay by a half percent for 2008 fiscal year in exchange for 10 hours of leave. April 28.