Tuesday's primary election is hours away. So Dome is hosting a political pool to test the prowess of its loyal pundits/readers about North Carolina politics. Post your answers to the five questions in the comment section below or email John Frank at email@example.com.
The winner will get a Dome shout out and -- wait for this -- a News & Observer prize pack featuring a spiffy red water bottle and a high-coveted N&O cartoon umbrella.
1. Will North Carolina's approval of the constitutional amendment be higher or lower than the lowest margin of any marriage referendum in the South? (Virginia passed it's amendment by 57 percent in 2006.)
2. What percent of the vote will Mitt Romney receive in the GOP primary? (Also on the ballot: Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul.) Partial credit within 3 percentage points.
3. Which candidate wins the Democratic primary for governor and by what margin? Partial credit within 1 point.
4. Will Mitchell County approve the marriage referendum by a larger margin than Orange County rejects it?
5. Pick over or under: Four statewide races go to runoffs.
Tie breaker: Guess the overall voter turnout percentage.